IN PERSON VISION CARE DURING COVID -19 REOPEN
We are happy to announce that the CDC has lifted the restriction on eye care visits. To better protect our patients and ourselves, below you will find our current guidelines and instructions. Please note that these guidelines are subject to change. We are taking as many steps as possible to keep you safe and make you comfortable.
If you or a family member are showing any signs of illness, please do not schedule an appointment at this time. Wait 2 weeks and schedule to come into the office. We also ask that other family members remain outside during the appointment. One parent may accompany their child, and if the patient requires a caregiver that person may also enter the building.
- The office will be scheduling 1 patient per hour for the time being. All patients are asked to call the office once outside the building. A staff member will let you know if it is time to enter the office. Whenever possible, please update the staff of any personal information changes or insurance changes over the phone to minimize your time in the facility.
- Once you enter the building, a staff member will be using a non-contact thermometer to take your temperature. Please use hand sanitizer if available to wash your hands. If we run out of hand sanitizer, we will ask you to use soap and water to wash your hands once you enter the building.
- The staff and doctor will be wearing masks while patients are in the office. We will require you wear a mask or face covering also while in the office. If you do not have a way to cover your face, the doctor has a limited supply of masks available. Patients under 2 or diagnosed with respiratory failure will not be required to wear masks. If you are unwilling to wear a mask, please be advised that we will request you make an appointment for a later date.
- The office has been thoroughly cleaned. All surfaces and frames have been sterilized. After each patient encounter, we will be wiping down all common surfaces and exam rooms.
- The office has purchased 2 air filtration systems to try to eliminate airborne pathogens.
- The office also will be cleaning all frames once tried on by patients to keep everyone safe. The staff will be washing their hands following every patient encounter.
Please remember to try and social distance within the office whenever possible. We are excited to have you back in the office. We are doing everything within our power to keep you healthy and seeing well. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please reach out to the office at 419-562-0057.